Charles Senteio

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday Update

First of all, thanks so much for the calls, Emails and well wishes. They really do help! I’ll try to check the blog comments more frequently as I slowly get back. That’s the best way to keep in touch at this point.

Sunday nite again and I am still in the hospital. Day 11. I know I’m getting better though because instead of feeling miserable most of the day I actually am getting tired of being here. Earlier this week was rough as the headaches were intense, they were beating the morphine down. This is tough for a dude like me that never gets headaches and doesn’t have a very developed coping mechanism. Although the early part of the week was very rough, the last few days have been much better as the anti-viral medication has kicked in and begun to work. I have been off of the morphine since early Thursday and in the past few days I have only needed the vicodin to manage the headache pain. Once the headache pain came under control fatigue set in, fatigue like I’d never experienced. It was difficult to even get out of bed. I did a lot of sleeping and would take that any day to the head pain. Saturday was a lot better on both fronts and tonite I actually went for a walk outside with Charlene, who came in on Wednesday and has been a great help in providing support and updating my parents and family on my condition. Anyway, it was great to be outside for the first time since the 4th of July.
Tomorrow morning the parade of residents/attendings come by to tell me if I can go home Monday, I'm thinking I should be out of here by Tuesday and begin the long (4-6 week) road back to feeling normal again.
I’m running out of gas so I need to sign off. I’m looking forward to going outside again tomorrow.

8 Comments:

  • Charles,

    Glad to see you are on the mend (at least partially). We're Still praying on this end. It's really good to see you've got a fighting spirit - don't have to tell you, you'll need that. Keep us posted on your progress!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

  • Thanks for the support Gerald, I do appreciate it. Feeling even better today!

    By Blogger Charles Senteio, at 10:06 AM  

  • OH MY Gosh....I am waaaaayyyy behind! Medical School... Lansing... moved the 'stangs... Now I feel bad. I have been so busy and have not kept up with a friend! Congrats..get well soon.. and you are definitely in my prayers!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:11 PM  

  • No worries E-Walk! Thanks for the note and let's be sure to keep in touch.

    By Blogger Charles Senteio, at 1:23 PM  

  • Charles it's good to hear that you're improving and getting back (albeit slowly)to feeling normal. I heard about your acceptance into med school and your hospitalization in the same breath. I'm very happy for you and wish you a speedy recovery!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 AM  

  • Yo....Greg told me you were on the mat but not out of the fight. Glad to hear you are feeling better...keep fighting Man...don't give up! My prayers are with you....!

    Slick Rick

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:15 PM  

  • Hey Wilton, thanks for the shout. Feeling better but road to recovery might be about 4 weeks long. Should be back at full strength then. Hold a spot at P.F.'s for me!

    By Blogger Charles Senteio, at 4:40 PM  

  • Yo Slick Rick! Down but definitely not out. I'll try to keep the blog updated. Take care man!

    By Blogger Charles Senteio, at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home